Professor and Director of Criminal Justice Research Center
Townshend Hall 202A
1885 Neil Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
By Appointment Only
Areas of Expertise
- Socio-Economic Disadvantage
- Drug Use
- Quantitative & Qualitative Mixed Methods
- Ph.D. - Sociology, State University of New York-Albany
- MA - Sociology, State University of New York-Albany
- BA - Sociology, State University of New York-Albany
Paul Bellair CV [PDF]
Dr. Bellair's research addresses the community context of crime, delinquency, and drug use, race/ethnic differences in violence, life course criminology, and recidivism. His most recent research examines the distinction between legal and illegal work identity and desistance from crime among formerly incarcerated individuals. He is the Principal Investigator of two data collections. The first is a longitudinal study of 250 incarcerated individuals (The Ohio Prison study). The second is a mixed method study of desistance from crime among a sample of 100 middle aged, formerly incarcerated individuals.