The department p-card can be used for small dollar purchases of goods or services that are necessary to conduct university business and are not available through an OSU contracted or preferred vendor. All transactions must not violate the University P-Card Compliance Policy.pdf.
1. An approved eRequest is required in order to sign out the department PCard.
2. The PCard should only be used at the designated location for the amount requested and for the items specified on the eRequest. Any changes should be promptly communicated to Karissa Wess for updates to be considered and/or made to the approved eRequest.
3. If you use a University credit card and the total amount of the bill exceeds the maximum allowable or if sales tax is charged, reimbursement to the department is required.
4. Amazon orders must be placed through the Department Pcard Manager only when the requested items are not available through a university vendor. No personal Amazon accounts can be used to place orders using university funds.
5. University PCards cannot be used for grant-related purchases.
- If you have an American Express credit card for a Sponsored Program, you, as the PI, are responsible for maintaining accurate files and complying with the guidelines established by OSP for use of the card.
- Any non-capitalized equipment purchases are university property and need to be tagged and tracked by Matt Moffit. Please work with him when you need to place these purchases to ensure they are tagged promptly upon receipt.