If you or someone you know is in immediate distress, please contact 911. Unsure if it is an emergency, use this decision tree.
Please do not hesitate to use or share the resources below when you feel you or someone you know needs help.
These resources include the OSU Emergency department and hotlines to call for help. Some also offer chat services.
- Ohio State Emergency Room Department: 614-293-8333, 410 W 10th Avenue
- Buckeye Region Anti-Violence Organization (BRAVO): 614-294-7867 or 1-866-862-7286
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255, chat available
- OhioHealth Sexual Assault Response Network of Central Ohio (SARNCO): 614-267-7020
- Text Crisis Line: Text “HOME”, “START”, or “HELLO” to 741-741
- Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860
- Trevor Project: 1-866-468-7386
Resources available to graduate and undergraduate students.
- Buckeye Peer Access Line (PAL): 615-514-3333
- Counseling and Consultation Service: 614-292-5766
- Department of Psychology’s Psychological Services Center (free for adults in Central Ohio)
- Education Human Ecology’s Stress Management and Resiliency Training Lab (SMART)
- Collegiate Recovery Community
- Student Health Insurance:
- Better Help: Confidential virtual counseling service providing access to psychologists and phone, video, text options.
- Healthiest You: 24/7 access to licensed medical doctor regarding diagnosis and treatment of many illnesses.
- Students may get appointments with mental health professionals through off-campus resources, check the Membership Booklet to determine your copay.
- Student Advocacy Center: 614-292-1111, confidential resource
- Student Legal Resources: requires the payment of the annual student fee to access legal resources
- OSU Employee Assistance Program: open to all faculty and staff, as well as graduate students on appointment as a GTA, GRA, or GAA.
- Student Wellness Center
- Dennis Learning Center: 614-688-4011, support for test anxiety and related challenges
- Multicultural Center: Workshops on heritage and awareness, student leadership, prejudice-reduction trainings, etc.
- OUAB Grad/Prof: Programming for graduate and professional students.