Travelling with Department Funds:
Before You Leave:
- Always submit a Pre-Trip Worksheet. When using Concur, submit your worksheet as soon as possible, but no later than a month out. In the event that you are not using Concur (this mainly applies to graduate students and guests), be sure to get it in at least two weeks before departure.
- Any comparisons, invitations, conference programs, etc, need to be provided as part of the pre-trip worksheet. There are prompts to provide this information in the worksheet.
- Once your travel request is approved, you will receive an automatically generated email from the travel system with your T#. You need this T# to book in Concur.
After You Get Back:
- Gather your receipts and submit a Post-Trip Worksheet. Remember that your receipts must be itemized. If you have any questions about what counts as an itemized receipts, please ask.
- If you are in a remote location where receipts are often not offered, we suggest taking a receipt book with you and handwriting receipts as you go. The service center honors these and you will not be reimbursed without receipts.
Caitlin and Karissa offer travel workshops every semester with helpful advice to navigate the process.