Traveling with Department Funds:
All travel documentation is now submitted through Workday. See below for details on how to submit and the 2022 Travel Guidelines here.
Travel Approval Process:
- Traveler notifies Supervisor for awareness and planning.
- Traveler/Administrator submits the Spend Authorization in Workday (link is external) in advance of the travel departure date. If the traveler is traveling to an international location, they are required to sign the International Acknowledgement of Understanding Form and attach it to the Spend Authorization before submission.
- Approval by College/Unit Fiscal Officer to confirm budget availability.
- Approval by Chair/Director to ensure strategic alignment.
- An OSU Workday Administration email generated by the Spend Authorization approval will be sent to the traveler with health, safety and risk responsibilities.
- Approximately 2 weeks before the traveler is scheduled to depart, the traveler will receive a reminder email from the Travel Office with health, safety and risk responsibilities.
- Workday Travel FAQ
- Summary of changes to OSU Travel Policy
- Updated ASC Comparison Form